Rob's TIMSS Blog

My discoveries and ramblings of TIMSS/Personify.

Monday, August 21, 2006

TIMSS 6: Default Authorized Group for Batches

In TIMSS 6, batches can have an Authorized Group that can use the batch. This allows anyone to use or manipulate the batch who is a member of a given security group.


I have made the default group the one that has my accounting staff so that they always have access to all batches. I have done this by adding a constraint to the table that defaults in the group when a row is inserted into the FAR_BATCH table. I did it this way instead of through extender because there at batches that are created outside of the FAR001 Batch screen, for example TCMS eCommerce batches.

I have hidden this field on the FAR001 screen, so that it's defaulted to that groups and it can't be changed on FAR001.

Applies to: TIMSS6

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea, Rob. We've a policy to add the accounting group as the Authorized Group for the same reason you mentioned. I will definitely add the default to the table. Thanks-Margo Pecoulas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home