Rob's TIMSS Blog

My discoveries and ramblings of TIMSS/Personify.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Market, List & Key Codes

So what's the difference between a market code, a list code, and a key code?

A marketing code is associated with a particular marketing piece, for example a conference brochure or a pre-recorded phone call.

A list code would be a particular group of customers to which you send marketing materials.

A key code is a combination market and list codes for a particular effort.

Let's say I have a postcard that I want to sent out to promote my annual meeting. That piece would have a particular marketing code associated with it. In TIMSS, I create several lists: purchased prospects, members, previous attendees who aren't members, etc. , and I send them each this post card.

When I use Marketing Production Control in TIMSS, I will create different efforts for this post card to go to each one of those groups, and each would have a different key code.

Or I can have different marketing pieces (a postcard and a brochure) go to the same groups to see who responds best to different efforts.

The combination of marketing & list codes is a key code, so that when an order is entered, entering a key code is the same a entering both a list and a market code. Thus the key code is what should be printed on the piece and communicated to the CSR when the order is taken.

You might want to name them consistently, for example, key codes always start with the letter K, so that the CSR knows it's a key code.

Applies to TIMSS5, TIMSS6, & Personify

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home