Rob's TIMSS Blog

My discoveries and ramblings of TIMSS/Personify.

Monday, April 16, 2007

TIMSS 6: Held Line Status Code

The other day I received an email from a member in response to the web order confirmation that we automatically send when some one orders from our website. She was wondering why she had received the email confirmation since she had not ordered any books.

I sent her the ship address for the order (which wasn't her) and asked her if maybe that person had logged in as her and ordered books.

In the mean time, what do I with this order? I didn't want to fulfill it since it might not be legitimate, but I didn't want to cancel and refund since it might be valid.

So I changed the line status to Held (not the fulfill status). This way the order is still in the system, but won't get picked up by the fulfillment process.

When the member confirmed that her co-worker had used her account to order books, I changed the line status back to Active, and the order got picked up the next time the fulfillment process was done.

Applies: to TIMSS6 & Personify

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home